Chief Operating Officer, Butler & Young Group
Terry is currently the Chief Operating Officer for the Butler & Young Group. He was formerly Managing Director of Trenton Consultants and as a Charted Fire Engineer he has been involved in a wide range of complex fire engineered solutions. He is the nominated specialist fire engineer to RIBA.Prior to joining Butler & Young he served 24 years in the Fire Service and is the former Head of Fire Engineering Group for the London Fire Brigade.
Head of Fire Engineering, Trenton Consultants
Adam has been involved in fire safety since 1999 and became a Chartered Fire Engineer in 2005 following a number of varied and interesting positions working as a fire fighter, suppression system designer, project manager for fire research projects and fire safety consultant for a number of oil fields in the Sahara. This has been in various countries from the US to Libya and India to Australia though primarily in the UK. The majority of his experience is as a fire engineer and he have been involved in some very large and unusual projects.During the last 5 years he has sat on a number of committees advising on new guidance documents including British Standards as part of his role with the Technical Services Advisory Group of the Institute of Fire Engineers. In addition he is involved with the Arson Control Forum which is a high level committee working with various government departments including the Home Office and DCSF to reduce the arson risk.
He is now responsible for a team of fire engineers including training, quality control and CPD as well as using his skills as a Chartered Fire Engineer to provide expert advice to clients and ensure responses are received in a timely manner.
His projects include:
- Olympic Site – ODA – Lead fire engineer for the Olympic site for a fixed period.
- Constellation – Wine bottling plant with very large storage area in Bristol.
- One Hyde Park – Mixed use £500m development known as the most prestigious development in London. Complex fire engineering issues from Section 20 to CFD modelling.
- Hastings College – Mixed use development on two different sites with 6 large buildings.
- Leeds BSF – Project manager of fire engineering on 6 schools as part of a BSF project.